Time is ticking away; our needs are increasing every day, but the resources are diminishing every moment. Yes, the star of the discussion, here, fuels. We use fuels for almost everything. As humans in modern society, we cannot survive without electricity, and the production of electricity is done via fuels. The majority of earth’s electricity is produced with the help of traditional fuels, also known as fossil fuels. The burning of these fuels produces heat which in turn produces electricity. But there are many problems related to fossil fuels, which will be discussed in a short while.
Problems related to fossil fuels
Carbon dioxide is released when fossil fuels are burned for energy, and this contributes to climate change. It also emits particles, Sulphur dioxide gas, and other chemicals potentially detrimental to human health. Some of the diseases that are inspired by fossil fuels are:
- Ozone, particles, and other substances generated during coal combustion can lead to asthma development.
- Air pollution has been linked to pneumonia in older persons in studies.
- Ozone, particularly the second generation of gas, can irritate the eyes and throat.
- Mercury poisoning has been linked to harming the brain, liver, and kidneys.
Benefits of alternate sources of energy
There are many benefits of alternate sources of energy. Some of the major ones are:
- Using alternate fuels to generate energy that produces no greenhouse gas emissions and lowers some types of air pollution.
- Using alternative energy sources reduces your carbon footprint and paves the way for a cleaner environment.
- When alternate energy sources like apellet generate electricity, they do not emit nitrous oxides. As a result, alternate energy does not emit greenhouse gases and helps counter the need for fossil fuel power, which can lead to excessive air pollution in cities.
Therefore, the energy business is witnessing a massive transformation right in front of our eyes. Alternate energy sources have obvious advantages, and with time people realize it too. Opting for alternate and cleaner energy sources is beneficial for all of us.