What does Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson have in common with the likes of Paul Newman, Patrick Dempsey and Paris Hilton?
Aside from the Hollywood connection, the busty blonde actress and occasional viral video star has joined their ranks by becoming a motorsport team owner.
The cosmetically-enhanced actress has joined forced with the Racealliance team, which previously ran Aston Martins in the FIA GT Championship from 2006-8. The outfit will field a single Ferrari 458 Italia for former F1 racer Vitantonio Liuzzi and Mathias Lauda – son of three-time F1 champion Niki Lauda – for the final three races of the FIA GT Series.
The new organisation has relocated its headquarters from Austria to Germany, and will make its race debut under the moniker of ‘Racealliance by Pamela Anderson’ at this weekend’s Slovakia Ring round.
The team will launch a full-scale championship tilt in 2014, adding the Nurburgring 24 Hours to its schedule. It also hopes to set up a NASCAR operation in the near future.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Lotus: Selling up or shutting down? - 3 September, 2015
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview - 3 September, 2015
- More Renault engine changes - 3 September, 2015
- Pirelli to announce tyre failure findings at Monza - 2 September, 2015
- Hulkenberg remains at Force India - 1 September, 2015