Former Grand Prix driver Mika Salo is the latest ex-F1 driver to follow his contemporaries into the world of NASCAR racing, with the two-time podium finisher announcing he will make his debut in the Truck series in July.
Salo contested over 100 Grands Prix between 1994 and 2002 with the likes of Lotus, Tyrrell, Arrows, BAR, Ferrari, Sauber and Toyota, and he will be joining his compatriot Kimi Räikkönen in the United States’ premier tin-top series.
“This year it is finally happening,” Salo told Turun Sanomat, while visiting the Turkish Grand Prix as a commentator for Finland MTV3 network.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Track layout changes for Singapore GP - 29 July, 2015
- COMING SOON: Exclusive interview with Fernando Rees - 27 July, 2015
- Vettel triumphs amid Hungary emotion - 26 July, 2015
- Bottas the key to the F1 2016 market - 23 July, 2015
- FIA to retire Bianchi’s #17 - 22 July, 2015