Argentine Touring Car prospect Leonel Pernía will drive an RML Chevrolet Cruze LT at next weekend’s Monza round of the 2010 World Touring Car Championship season, expanding the team to a four-car attack for the first time this season. Pernía also makes WTCC history by becoming Argentina’s first-ever representative.
Born in Buenos Aires, the 34-year-old has developed into a front-running driver in the Argentine TC2000 championship since his series debut in 2006. Behind the wheel of a Petrobras-backed Honda Civic, Pernía took two race victories en route to runner-up in the Drivers; Championship behind his team-mate – and failed USF1 driving candidate – José María López.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- V8s: Coulthard tops Bathurst provisional qualifying - 10 October, 2015
- Massa tops rain-hit practice at Sochi - 9 October, 2015
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix Preview - 8 October, 2015
- Manor gets Mercedes power - 1 October, 2015
- F1 turns up the volume - 30 September, 2015