Argentine Touring Car prospect Leonel Pernía will drive an RML Chevrolet Cruze LT at next weekend’s Monza round of the 2010 World Touring Car Championship season, expanding the team to a four-car attack for the first time this season. Pernía also makes WTCC history by becoming Argentina’s first-ever representative.
Born in Buenos Aires, the 34-year-old has developed into a front-running driver in the Argentine TC2000 championship since his series debut in 2006. Behind the wheel of a Petrobras-backed Honda Civic, Pernía took two race victories en route to runner-up in the Drivers; Championship behind his team-mate – and failed USF1 driving candidate – José María López.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCC: Citroën rivals get lighter at Motegi - 31 July, 2015
- V8s: 2015 Ipswich SuperSprint Preview - 31 July, 2015
- Track layout changes for Singapore GP - 29 July, 2015
- COMING SOON: Exclusive interview with Fernando Rees - 27 July, 2015
- Vettel triumphs amid Hungary emotion - 26 July, 2015